Sunday, 22 May 2016

More Paper Scrap Cards


In my previous post you got to see one of the cards that we made at my Easy Cards Class using up paper with the hexagon punch. Here is the other card we created using up strips of coordinating papers - the Designer Series Paper used here are from the Pretty Petals Paper Stack (138442). This effect is a bit like quilting where you layer pieces in a pattern until you are happy - then glue the pieces down. For this card I cut a panel of whisper white cardstock, layered the papers down - I adhered them with Fast Fuse - but you can use whatever you feel most comfortable using (snail adhesive, double-sided tape, glue). Once all the papers are stuck down trim the overhanging pieces off with scissors. I then adhered the panel to a folded A5 piece of whisper white cardstock.

Layer up with punched pieces, a sentiment, and some twine and rhinestones. Here I have used the Pansy punch (130698), Blossom Bunch punch (140612), and Petite Petals punch (133322). The sentiment is from Suite Sayings (140709) and I have coloured the sentiment with my Old Olive and Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Markers.

For this card I have used the same technique except I have layered on Basic Black cardstock - and I have run the completed panel through my Big Shot using the embossing folder Lovely Lace (133737).  I think this adds to the quilting idea where you quite often see the sewn pattern over the top of quilted pieces of fabric.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing these cards.  Don't forget to RSVP for this coming Saturday's class - 28th May at 2pm.  Details are here.

Hugs,
Lisa xx

#StampinUp #StampinUpAustralia #DesignerSeriesPaper #PrettyPetals #Punch #EasyCardsClass

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, great use of all those scraps that we save. Wish I lived close, so I could take your classes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen :) Wish you were able to come along to classes too. Hopefully I've inspired you virtually to get creating! Hugs x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'd love to see what you make Debbie. Have fun!

      Delete