Saturday, 12 September 2015

R U OK My Friend? SUO Challenge #130

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806
It was R U OK? day in Australia yesterday.  It's a really important thing to just reach out and check if a friend really is ok - and let them know that you are there for them.  So often everyone is getting on with their lives in this frantically paced world and not realising that a friend is suffering underneath.  It is one of the things that I love most about cardmaking - pouring my love and expression into a card and giving this gift to a loved one - whether they be family or friends.
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806

I've been thinking about this card all week when I saw the challenge on SUO Challenges. Their challenge this week (SUO Challenge #130 – Cards for Friends! ) is to share a greeting card that you made to send to a friend. I've made this for a very special friend who is having a down week - I know she will love it when she finds it in her mailbox.  I've used the Garden In Bloom Stamp Set - I just had to have this stamp set for the lovely sentiments - let alone my other favourite thing - flowers! I've also had my first play with the Curvy Corner Trio Punch from the Holiday Catalogue (love it!!!).  Here are the "ingredients" below that I have used to create this card.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Hope you get some time out to create a card for a special friend this weekend.
Happy crafting and love,
Lisa xx

#SUOChallenge #130 #StampinUp #StampinUpAustralia #GardenInBloom #CurvyCornerTrioPunch #RUOK


4 comments:

  1. gorgeous card and perfect for a friend too!! Love all the new goodies on it too!! So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card! You created your own background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! Love the bright colors and use of the stamps to creatae your own background paper :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors and sentiment! Very pretty card! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete