Sunday, 27 September 2015

Believe - SIP Challenge #15

http://stampinkpaper.com/2015/09/sip-challenge-15-colors/
Today I'm playing along with the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #15.  The challenge this time around is to use the following colours:
SIP Color Challenge 15
With the colours for the SIP Challenge I really wanted the Basic Black to pop the other two challenge colours. It is also a stepped up version of the other card I created while playing with these colours (you can check out the other card here).  For this challenge card I wanted to do something that fairly new stampers could do. Heat embossing was one of the first techniques I learnt way back when I started stamping. Here I have used White Craft Ink and heat embossed white embossing powder.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806

I also wanted to do a bit of a play on negative and positive images by layering with some leaves stamped on Whisper White cardstock with black ink and coloured with Pool Party and Daffodil Delight colours. Some of the leaves have been raised up paper tole style with Stampin' Dimensionals.
The border of the card has been stamped with the loopy border image from the Tin Of Cards stamp set.  I have also added some Dazzling Details to some of the leaves, black cardstock and the Believe sentiment to add a bit of glitz to the project.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806


Below I have included the "ingredients" used for this card.  It is still a very simple card with just a couple more steps added.  I hope this gives you some ideas on how to add some simple twists to a layout to create a different look.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Happy crafting!
Lisa

#StampinUp #StampinUpAustralia #LightheartedLeaves #TinOfCards #StampInkPaper #Challenge #SIPChallenge

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Lisa! Love how you heat embossed with white on black, and then colored and popped up only some of them. That border stamp is very cool, too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper!

    ReplyDelete